- Sr. Business Intelligence Lead with extensive experience working in various Business Intelligence tools like SAP Business Objects Business Intelligence, SSRS, Informatica and SAP Data Services.
- Experience working in all phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) - Requirement Gathering, Design, development, administration, security management and production support
- Leading Onsite and Offshore development teams, troubleshooting and issue resolution.
- Worked extensively in developing and implementing reporting solutions using SAP Business Objects 4.x/ 3.1, Crystal Reports, Information Design Tool /Universe Designer, Web Intelligence Rich Client, SAP Dashboards 4.x/ XCelsius, Analysis for Office & OLAP, Explorer.
- Experience with identification and data analysis of KPIs and working with data visualization tools like Tableau, SAP Dashboards, Design Studio and Lumira to create highly intuitive dashboards with drill down capabilities, dynamic visibility and multiple tabs.
- Worked with SAP BW Modeling components like Info Cubes, DSOs, Info Sets, Multi Providers and BW front-end tools like Query Designer, BEx Analyzer.
- Experience working in Data Warehouse implementations utilizing Dimensional Data Modeling Techniques, Star and Snowflake schemas.
- Working with data extraction, transformation and loading (ETL) tools like SAP Business Objects Data Services and Informatica Power Center to create work flows, data flows, data transformations, scripts, delta loads etc.
- Enhancing performance of reports and dashboards, security implementation, report bursting, scheduling and distributing to multiple destinations in various output formats
- Excellent communication, documentation, analytical and leadership skills.
- Master of Science in Electrical and Computer Engineering, Illinois Institute of Technology, Chicago, IL
- Oracle SQL certified.
- SAP Business Objects Web Intelligence 4.x certified.
- Business Objects Certified Professional (Crystal Reports XI).
SAP Business Objects BI 4.1/ 4.0/ XI 3.1/ XI R2 (CMC, Upgrade Management Tool, Desktop Intelligence, Designer, Web intelligence), BEx Query Designer, BEx Analyzer, SAP Design Studio, Lumira, SAP BO Dashboards/Crystal XCelsius, Tableau ( Desktop and Server) 9.x/8.x.Explorer, Crystal Reports 2011/2008 ,Analysis for Office and OLAP, Actuate 7.1/8.1,SSRS.
Oracle 11g/10g/9i, Teradata V2R4, SAP HANA 1.0, MS SQL Server 2012/2008/2005, DB2 UDB v9.0
SQL, PL/SQL, T- SQL, UNIX Shell Scripting
SAP Business Objects Data Services 4.1, Informatica Power Center 8.1
MS SharePoint, MS Visio, Visual Studio 2005, SAP R/3, SAP BW 7.3/7.0/3.5, Maximo 7.1.6, Erwin, TOAD, Rapid SQL.
MCIC Vermont LLC, Atlanta, GA
Apr 2016 – Present
MCIC is a specialty insurance company which provides medical professional and general liability insurance coverage and risk management services to its academic medical center subscribers and their various affiliated entities, employees and physicians. This project is focused on building dashboards for Claims and Finance departments using Tableau and migrating from Business Objects 4.1 to Microsoft SQL Server reporting services.
- Rationalize and migrate reports/dashboards from SAP BO 4.1 to SSRS.
- Provide estimates for delivering BI solutions based on the scope of the requirements.
- Coordinate with business analysts to document reporting requirements to understand business rules and distill metrics across reports and dashboards.
- Design strategic dashboards for executives of finance and claims departments by incorporating calculated fields, parameters, table calculations, level of detail expressions, etc. in Tableau.
- Build database structures to feed Tableau extract data sets.
- Set up permission rules and user permissions on Tableau server to control data access.
- Administered user, user groups, and scheduled instances for reports in Tableau.
- Document and analyze reports/dashboards metadata by creating metrics that will provide insights on the overall health score of reports/dashboards.
- Analyze and enhance universes using Information Design Tool
- Build and optimize reports performance by suggesting enhancements at the database and/or reporting layer.
- Set up universe security by creating and assigning security profiles to users and groups.
- Manage unit testing of reports and migrate reports/universes between environments
- Suggest best practices in reports, visualizations & universe development.
SAP Business Objects BI 4.1 SP5, Central Management Console (CMC), Information Design Tool, Web Intelligence, Crystal Reports, Tableau 8.3/9.3, SSRS, MS SQL Server 2012
TetraPak Inc, Dallas, TX
Jul 2015 – Present
Sr. Tableau Consultant
Tetra Pak is a food packaging and processing company that offers packaging solutions, filling machines and processing solutions for dairy, beverages, cheese, ice cream and prepared food. The project is focused on building reports and visualizations for the Global Finance Control department.
- Lead a team responsible for delivering BI reporting solutions to the user community.
- Gathering, analyzing and documenting requirements from key stakeholders.
- Built, enhanced and maintained dashboards/visualizations for the finance community by developing views and dashboards in Tableau Desktop and published them to Tableau Server.
- Worked on visualizations based on multiple data sources using data blending.
- Scheduled data refresh on Tableau Server for weekly and monthly increments based on business change to ensure that the views and dashboards were displaying the changed data accurately.
- Set up permission rules and created user permissions on Tableau server to control data access.
- Involved in monitoring, trouble-shooting performance problems, and fine-tuning Tableau’s servers and data source administration.
- Enhanced the performance of dashboards by adhering to best practices.
- Built and enhanced Summary/Detail, Hierarchical, Adhoc reports in WEBI leveraging features like hyperlinking, calculation contexts, input controls etc.
- Worked with SAP BI Modeling components like Info Cubes, DSO, Multi Providers.
- Created and enhanced information models (Attribute views, Analytic views, Calculation views etc.) in HANA Studio.
- Setup and maintain aggregates, indexes and utilizing Rollup, compression techniques to enhance performance of BEx queries.
Tableau Desktop 9.1,Tableau Server 9.1,SAP Business Objects BI 4.1 SP5 (Central Management Console (CMC),Web Intelligence, SAP Dashboards,1.4, Oracle 10g, MS SQL Server 2010, SAP BW 7.3,HANA 1.0
ABB Ltd., Atlanta, GA
Oct 2014 – Jun 2015
Tableau Consultant/Data Analyst
ABB is a multinational corporation operating mainly in robotics and the power and automation technology areas.
- Developed highly interactive Data Visualization Dashboards using feature such as Extracts, Calculations, Parameters, Context Filters, Sets, Groups etc.
- Converted SAP dashboards and Lumira visualizations to Tableau.
- Leveraged Data Blending feature to build dashboards based on multiple sources.
- Set up permission rules and user permissions on Tableau server to control data access.
- Worked on Subscriptions and Schedules on Tableau server.
- Good working knowledge of tableau server, installation, configuration etc
- Created and maintained WEBI reports using multi-dimensional and relational data sources.
- Designed and suggested best practices in universe development using Information Design Tool.
- Scheduled and published reports by creating publications, creating users, groups and monitored servers through central management console.
- Designed test cases based on the requirements and performed extensive unit testing.
- Suggested best practices in design and performance enhancements of reports and troubleshooted issues on needed basis.
- Developed training documentation and provided training sessions to end users.
Tableau 9.0,SAP Business Objects BI 4.1 SP5 /XI 3.1 SP4, SAP BW 7.x, Information Design Tool, BI Launch Pad, Web Intelligence, SAP Dashboards 4.1,Promotion Management Tool,BI Launchpad,SQL Server 2012, Oracle 10g,HANA 1.0
The Mosaic Company, Tampa, FL
Sept 2008 – Oct 2014
Sr. Business Intelligence Consultant/Analyst
Mosaic is a producer and marketer of concentrated phosphate and potash crop nutrients serving customers in thirty three countries. Served various roles in different projects aiming to deliver end to end reporting solutions for the maintenance, inventory and procurement departments.
- Worked with the business managers and end users in analyzing requirements, lead business intelligence weekly review meetings and participated in technical design reviews to work towards an integrated solution.
- Built and set up data access control for Tableau visualizations.
- Designed and developed universes in Information Design Tool 4.0/UDT for cross-functional reporting.
- Built information models (Attribute views, Analytic views, Calculation views etc.) in HANA Studio.
- Created WEBI and Crystal reports using relational and multi-dimensional data sources.
- Built queries in BEx Query Designer and created work books using BEx Analyzer using Conditions, Exceptions, Variables, Structures, Restricted and Calculated Key Figures.
- Optimized universes by implementing Index Awareness and Aggregate Awareness etc.
- Scheduled and published reports using Central Management Console (CMC).
- Suggested best practices in report development and trained the end users in creating reports using Web Intelligence, Explorer and Analysis for Office and OLAP.
- Extracted data from different sources like flat files, excel, SQL tables etc., and loaded them into requested target flat files, excel sheets, SQL tables in Data Integrator.
- Worked with various transformations like Query, Key Generation, Pivot, Map operation, Table Comparison, Hierarchy Flattening etc.
SAP Business Objects BI 4.1/ XI 3.1, SAP BW 7.x, Information Design Tool, Desktop Intelligence, Web Intelligence, SAP Dashboards 4.x, SAP Design Studio 1.2, Central Management Console (CMC), Upgrade Management Tool, Crystal Reports 2011/2008, XCelsius, Tableau 8.x, Infoview, Maximo 7.1, HANA 1.0, Actuate 7.1/8.1 SP2, SSRS 2008 R2, SAP Business Objects Data Services 4.0, SQL server 2012/2008, Oracle 10g
Telephone & Data Systems (TDS), Madison, WI
June 2008 – Sept 2008
Telephone and Data Systems is a diversified telecommunications service company providing wireless, telephone and broadband services to over seven million customers.
- Designed and implemented end-to-end business intelligence reporting/analytical solutions.
- Built new universes and improved the performance of the existing ones by utilizing @functions like Aggregate awareness and Index awareness.
- Designed reports in Desktop Intelligence/Web Intelligence based on multiple data providers leveraging functionalities like opendoc syntax, grouping/sectioning and cascading parameters
- Worked on Info cubes to build and publish BEx queries on the web for reporting requirements.
- Created complex SQL & stored procedures using reference cursor for reports using PL/SQL.
- Developed interactive models through gauges, dials and sliders in Crystal Xcelsius and embedded them inside Crystal Reports.
- Worked on Informatica Power Center 8.1 tools - Source Analyzer, Warehouse designer, Mapping Designer, Workflow Manager.
- Created and modified mappings, mapplets and transformations using Designer and developed Informatica sessions as per Business requirements.
- Monitored Workflows and Sessions using Workflow Monitor and was involved in scheduling the Workflows using Autosys.
- Designed test cases based on the requirements, performed extensive unit testing and submitted reports to the Business Analysts for further assessment.
- Developed end user training documentation including reporting best practices and provided ongoing assistance and support.
Business Objects XIR2 (Designer, DeskI, Web Intelligence), SAP BW 3.5, Crystal Reports XI, XCelsius 2008 Business View Manager, CMC (Central Management Console), Infoview, Informatica Power Center 8.1, SAP R/3, Oracle 9i, SQL, TOAD.
Warranty Group, Chicago, IL
Mar 2008 - May 2008
Business Intelligence Analyst
The Warranty Group specializes in underwriting, administration and marketing of warranty and service contracts for manufacturers, retailers and distributors of consumer electronics. The project focused on building new reports and changing the data sources of the existing reports.
- Analyzed business requirements and built logical data models that describes all of the data and relationships between the data.
- Created and modified reports using Crystal Reports XI and the DB2/SQL server as databases.
- Tested developed reports, published them on the Web using Central Management Console (CMC).
- Created data connections, data foundations, business elements as part of building business views using Business View Manager.
- Migrated Crystal reports from DB2 to SQL Server.
Crystal Reports XI, Business View Manager, CMC (Central Management Console), Infoview, UDB DB2 v9.0, SQL Server2005, SQL, PL/SQL.
Northwestern Mutual, Milwaukee, WI
Dec 2006 - Feb 2008
Northwestern Mutual provides life insurance, long-term care insurance, disability insurance, annuities, mutual funds and employee benefit services.
- Involved in requirements gathering from the business users for the reporting system.
- Created predefined conditions, prompts and custom hierarchies in the process of updating the universes as per the business requirements.
- Created attributes, filters and complex measure objects in the Universe
- Resolved issues like loops by creating aliases and contexts as required to remove the cyclic dependencies.
- Administered business users by grouping them and assigning privileges accordingly in CMC.
- Replicated existing Actuate reports in Business Objects Desktop Intelligence.
- Created dashboards using different analytics like Interactive Metric Trend, Speedometer, Rule Analytics, and Goal Analytics.
Business Objects XIR2 (Reporter, Designer, CMC, Infoview), Performance Management, Dashboard XIR2, DB2 UDB v9.1, SQL Server 2005, Rapid SQL 7.3, SQL, PL/SQL, Actuate 7. 0, UNIX.