- 10 years of experience as Product Quality Assurance leader & Certified Scrum Master with a proven track record of shipping quality products with market focus
- Established the first International Scrum team in the organization ground up consisting of 23 team members and facilitated as Agile Coach/Scrum Master for 4 years and coached team for Lean, XP, Kanban Agile methodologies- outcome resulting in enhanced performance
- Proven leader with experience managing global near shore/offshore, outsourced, virtual and competitive workforces utilizing both agile and waterfall methodologies
- Quality professional with a pulse on the industry needs who works with product managers to develop a wholesome product vision to ship quality products
- Extensive experience in client server and web based application testing including Java API Testing manual and automated software testing techniques, System Testing, Functionality Testing and unit testing . Experience in setting up SOAPUI from scratch for AT&T backend API testing
- Managed the insight and opinions of multiple stakeholders and helped to ensure all stakeholders agreed with the current scope and roadmap of the product
- Represented Plantronics in various Hackathons for technical support for REST APIs and sdk
- More than 7+ years of experience with automation in shell scripting, QTP VB scripts, groovy coding, python and jython scripts.
- Lead the implementation of Tech Excel - DevSuite as corporate tool in Plantronics that improved the efficiency of the entire organization for Test management by 70%
- Core contributor & Process Champion in development and revision of software and firmware procedures , policies and guidelines to obtain certification and ensure continued compliance to ISO9001
- Excelled at executing performance audits, Quality reviews, Inspections, Bug scrubs and Root cause analysis
- Mastery with various tools such as Rally, DevSuite, MS project, QTP, HP Quality center, DB Visualizer , SOAP UI, Jira, SOA test, Flurry, Selenium , Appium etc
- Creating & defining process for quality assurance programs with a goto market strategy
- Ability to manage teams and motivate them toward organizational goals
- Certified Scrum Master and Scrum Professional
- Experience executing projects at CMMI level 5 and ISO 9001 compliance
- Bachelor of Engineering in Computer Science
Plantronics Santa Cruz, CA
Apr 2012 – Present
Scrum Master & Product Assurance Engineer
- Implemented Agile Scrum in multi- geography setting consisting of 23 team members and established clear ground rules to make all scrum ceremonies efficient and well managed
- Coordinated with project owner as a part of backlog management and continuous delivery of features
- Facilitated sprint planning, daily scrums, retrospectives, stakeholder meetings, and software demonstrations along with reinforcing Agile across the organization
- Lead automation testing which involved API interactions between sharepoint and DevSuite REST API.
- Created automated Python scripts for various product performance metrics
- Accomplished successful and timely integration of Mobile products by interfacing with cross functional and global teams such as Hardware ,Firmware,Marketing,localization etc
- Led all quality related work in a project– Directed QA activities to ensure maximum quality and effectiveness
- Worked on variety of products - Mobile app - Plantronics HUB for iOS and Android , FindMyHeadset App for Android , Battery meter App. SW Plugins - Cisco Jabber , IBM Sametime , Swyx, Huawei etc
- Established process for Vendor survey selection
- Contributed in creating a Performance Dashboard for various PLT products - finance, marketing & Sales report , competitive reviews etc which helped in improving the overall performance of the product & help with strategic decision making about the product
- Protect development team from outside distractions, impediments or team conflicts, and maintain focus on product backlog and project timeline
- Worked across cross-functional teams in implementing the quality standards and benchmarks – Developed new metrics of quality standards, directed towards improving performance of departments.
- Procured QA software tools, developed QA procedures and established quality assurance methodologies/standards in order to clarify the quality objectives of the organization.
AT&T/Infosys San Ramon, CA
Mar 2006 – Mar 2012
Technology Analyst and Lead
- Led the QA effort for a highly available, 24/7 scalable, distributed web based and Client-Server applications, using best testing practice.
- Strong Experience working with various phases of SDLC with focus on Software testing (Functional, Integration, Performance, Quality Metrics).
- Established Testing Methodologies, Designed Test Plans and Test Cases.
- Helped save cost by developing tools using as QTP, SOAP API tester, SOA Test, VB Scripts etc which would provide Dollar savings on an average of 50-100K $ per month
- Strong knowledge of Automation tools and Expertise in QTP, SOA Test and Load Runner,Python,Jython ,Integration, Regression, System, End to End, UAT and Product Validation testing and Configuration Management. Proficient in using HP Quality Center ,ClearQuest ,SOA Test SOAP UI and Unix Shell Scripting
- Recipient of the “Spot Award” from the Communication and Media Engineering department for the automation of key client processes
- Recipient for Bravo award for Automation in SOA Scripts